Rydges Lucky Minute at Wellington Lions home matches
All eyes will be on the Wellington Lions fullback for one lucky minute during the team's home matches at Westpac Stadium this season.
Rydges Wellington, who sponsor the Lions number 15 jersey, are giving fans the chance to be "Living Like a VIP" for a night in Rydges Wellington's famous penthouse suite, or to enjoy a "Portlander Party" with 20 friends.
Fans attending Lions matches at Westpac Stadium simply have to text to a special code prior to kick off, and if the player in the number 15 jersey scores a try in the 15th minute of the match, we’ve got a winner!
The prize is determined by the winner; either:
Rydges live like a VIP!
Win a night in Rydges Wellington’s famous Penthouse suite – with your own private 17th floor balcony overlooking the harbour. Enjoy a romantic in-room three course dinner from the award winning Portlander restaurant, served by your own butler of course. The following morning wake up in heaven with breakfast in bed late checkout. Event date is subject to availability.
Rydges Wellington and ‘#15 player’ present The Portlander Party for 20 of your nearest & dearest.
This two hour function will take place in your own private party room with catering from Portlander at Rydges. Event date is subject to availability. Extra guests can be added for $250 a head.
Full terms and conditions below:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Rydges Lucky Minute
1. Information on how to enter this promotion forms part of these Terms and
Conditions. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and
Conditions and the Terms and Conditions of the Ticket.
2. The promoter is Wellington Lions of Wellington Rugby Football Union, Level 2,
191 Thorndon Quay, Pipitea, Wellington 6011, New Zealand.
1. Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize
2. Winner must hold a valid 2016 Wellington Lions Membership Card or valid entry
ticket to the Wellington Lions v Bay of Plenty match on Saturday 3 September
3. Valid entry of full name must be received between 6.15pm and 7.45pm on
September 16 September 2016 via text message to 514.
4. Winner must be present at Westpac Stadium at time of entry.
5. Winner will be notified by phone (voice or text), or in person and must be
available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by Wellington
Rugby. Where attempts to contact the winner fail (eg when the Winner cannot
be contacted by phone after three attempts) they will be determined to forfeit the
6. The Winner is required to claim the prize in person and must provide proper
identification (eg Driver’s Licence, Passport, Birth Certificate).
Entry into the promotion
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and
Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence)
and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the
Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of
8. Disqualified participants are:
a. All employees of Wellington Rugby, all employees of participating
sponsors or promoters and their Immediate Families;
b. All people under the age of 18 years
c. Immediate Families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, children,
and grandchildren, whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage,
adoption, co-habitation or other family extension
Winning the Prize
9. The winner is the entry that is drawn at random in the event of a try to the
Wellington Lions player wearing the number 15 jersey in the 15th minute of the
first half of the match.
10. The Wellington Lions player wearing the number 15 jersey must be deemed to
have scored a try by the officiating referee and time keeper while the match
clock is between 15:00 and 15:59 minutes. If a try is scored by a player wearing
another jersey number, or a try is scored outside of the required time frame, no
prize will be awarded.
11. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts all conditions of use
of the prize.
12. There will be 1 prize.
13. The prize is either:
a. Rydges Live Like a VIP
i. One night’s stay in Rydges Wellington’s Penthouse suite, three
course meal from Portlander Restaurant served in-room by
Rydges butler, breakfast in bed, late check out. Event date is
subject to availability. Must be used by 16 December 2016.
b. Portlander Party
i. Two hour function in private room at Rydges Wellington with
winner and 20 guests, catering provided by Portlander. Extra
guests may be added for $250 per person. Event date is
subject to availability. Must be used by 16 December 2016.
14. Compliance with any health and safety or other government requirements is the
responsibility of the prize-winner and their companions. The Promoter makes no
representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at
15. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a
winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or
redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred
to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. If the prize or any part of
it is not utilised it will be forfeited.
16. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion,
reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to
the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a
Right of the Promoter to redraw
17. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being
unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not
claiming the prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed on 19 September
2016, a second chance draw will be held by the Promoter at 11.00am on 23
September 2016 subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any
winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone by 29
Limitation of Liability and variation of terms
18. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the
reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from
complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for
any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter
reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify
or suspend this promotion.
19. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers,
employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for
any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this
promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but
not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort
(including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory
remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and
consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be
considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those
Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
20. The exclusion of liability in clause 19 does not apply to limit or exclude liability to
the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner
contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the
maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
21. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of
the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter and
Tournament, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of
accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal
information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of
facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to
third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities).